Mainmark has worked on many mining and resources projects, having provided effective and economical ground engineering services to the sector for over 20 years
In the inherently risky and costly business of mining, ground subsidence and ageing infrastructure can compromise safety and efficiency on site.
Ground problems, such as subsidence or weak soil, can cause damage to machinery, roads, and pipelines, and old or damaged infrastructure, including mine shafts, tunnels, and vehicles, can create costly production bottlenecks.
Sudden ground movement can also have serious or even fatal consequences which can bring operations to a standstill and permanently damage mining equipment.
Mainmark is the expert in solving ground problems and rehabilitating ageing assets for the mining sector. Our expertise includes projects in open-cut coal mines and hard rock mines, iron ore, silver, lead, zinc, bauxite, copper, diamond, and many other types of mines.
Our methods deliver engineered outcomes that are proven, clean, and fast. We can often complete work outside of programmed maintenance shutdown periods and with minimal down time.
- fill voids, abandoned mines, obsolete tanks, sink holes, decommissioned culverts and pipelines, tunnels, and repair land slips with our advanced, structural, lightweight Terefil
- strengthen weak ground, re-level above- and below-ground mining structures, and provide earthquake remediation using JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting and Teretek engineered resin injection solution
- stabilise and consolidate faulty ground strata and weak soil using Jet Grouting
- seal and protect mining assets against water and gas ingress with a technologically advanced spray-on corrosion protection solution, ENCAP6
- renew damaged gas, water, chemical and oil pipelines or provide corrosion protection for existing pipes with Primus Linetrenchless technology
- rehabilitate damaged concrete roads, machinery bases, driveways, floors, and pads with high-performance Ultra-Panels concrete slabs
We solve mining engineering problems with:
- coal loader towers
- conveyor belt pedestal bases and footings
- conveyor tensioning towers and associated foundation structures
- engine turntable slabs, rails and associated foundation structures
- hardstand floors
- machinery bases, slabs, and pavements
- mine shafts
- ore crusher plant and associated equipment
- rail index machine slabs, plant, and associated foundation structures
- retaining walls
- rock breaker footings
- rock walls and tunnels
- service trenches
- stacker-reclaimer rails
- sunken rails