Mainmark has delivered results to hundreds of Government and Council projects
Governments and councils are responsible for a broad range of public buildings, hospitals, schools and educational institutions as well as public infrastructure such as roads, bridges underground pipes and other public utilities.
Mainmark has a range of solutions to help government and councils remediate and maintain public buildings and infrastructure requiring ground improvement, void filling, structural monitoring and even liquefaction mitigation.
Our ground strengthening and foundation improvement solutions help address weak and unstable ground which can cause serious structural damage to public buildings and infrastructure. Early warning signs can include cracked walls, jammed doors and jammed windows, unlevel floors and sinking slabs, which can render structures unsafe. Regardless of the underlying causes, it is important to correct weak ground and subsidence under buildings and public infrastructure as quickly as possible before the problem gets worse.
Mainmark also helps preserve and remediate government and council owned infrastructure including underground water pipes, tanks and culverts. Our asset preservation solutions are quick, non-invasive and cost efficient.
- Lift buildings and minimise foundation movement using our proprietary Teretek resin injection solution, a viable and cost effective alternative to traditional and expensive underpinning Our JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting can also be used to remediate large complex structures, such as multi-storey facilities, using computer-controlled cement grout injection.
- Fill large holes and large voids under buildings and public infrastruture, which can accelerate ground subsidence, using Terefil, our advanced engineered lightweight cementitious fill.
- Achieve ground improvement to strengthen the ground beneath sinking buildings, lift structures and remediate earthquake liquefaction without compromising structural integrity.
- Conduct slab lift, slab raising and slab re-levelling to remove trip hazards and water ponding.
- Strengthen and stabilise weak ground to make public buildings, footpaths and traffic infrastructure safer by addressing structural damage caused by subsidence or ground movement, and to prevent further damage.
- Provide anti-corrosion and waterproof coatings to public infrastructure such as pipes and water tanks.
Areas of service include:
We're happy to have helped
A freshwater treatment plan at Glen Innes, New South Wales, required a long-term asset preservation solution to reline three filtre ponds and a clarifier tank.
“Mainmark was very professional while working on site in Glen Innes. The quality of their workmanship and products became more and more evident as the project progressed. We’re extremely happy with the end result”.
Glen Innes Severn Council
A school in Christchurch, New Zealand required ground remediation to address earthquake liquefaction and subsidence following the Christchurch earthquakes in 2010 and 2011.
“significantly reduced the chance of liquefaction or settlement of this building in future earthquakes.”
School in Christchurch
Mainmark solves problems in government and council assets
Mainmark’s ground strengthening and ground improvement solutions to help government and council authorities address a range of underlying issues impacting buildings and infrastructure due to weak ground or unstable ground, large holes and large voids, subsidence, and earthquake liquefaction.
Mainmark also provides innovative structural monitoring and asset preservation solutions to help extend the life of government and council buildings including infrastructure:
- Mainmark collaborated with a Brisbane council regarding a solution to help with canal and revetment wall Mainmark undertook a series of ground improvement and ground stabilisation trials using Teretek resin injection. These trials have successfully delivered a long-term solution to address the unstable canals and revetments.
- When a system of redundant stormwater culverts located in Newcastle needed to be decommissioned, Mainmark provided a cost effective solution by filling the redundant pipes with its lightweight, highly flowable Terefil cemetious-based filler. The solution allowed the council to avoid costly excavation works and resulted in minimal disruption to residents.
- Mainmark delivered an innovative rehabilitation solution to remediate 150 concrete manholes in Rockhampton as part of the council’s flood mitigation program. The concrete within the manhole chambers was deteriorating and cracking due to ongoing exposure to harsh chemicals and gases. Mainmark used its spray-on corrosion protection solution, ENCAP6, which provided a cost effective solution that improved the structural integrity of the manholes while creating minimal distruption to daily operations.