Mainmark has delivered results to hundreds of Commercial and Industrial projects
Commercial and industrial buildings include office buildings, retail outlets, factories and warehouses.
Mainmark has a range of ground improvement and liquefaction mitigation solutions to remediate buildings and structures of any size impacted by ground subsidence.
Our ground strengthening and foundation improvement solutions will help correct cracked walls and pavements, moving and sunken floors, driveways and machinery bases.
Weak or unstable ground can cause serious structural damage to commercial and industrial buildings. Early warning signs can include jammed doors and jammed windows, with structures affected by sinking slabs, and sinking foundations becoming potentially unsafe.
Regardless of the underlying cause, it is important to correct unlevel buildings and weak foundations as quickly as possible before the problem gets worse.
- Lift buildings and minimise the impact of ground movement with our proprietary resin injection solution Teretek, a viable and cost effective alternative to traditional and expensive underpinning Alternatively, our JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting can be used to remediate large complex structures using computer-controlled cement grout injection.
- Fill large holes and large voids under buildings, which can accelerate ground subsidence, using Terefil, our advanced engineered lightweight cementitious fill.
- Achieve ground improvement to strengthen sinking buildings and lift structures without compromising structural integrity.
- Conduct slab lift, slab raising and slab re-levelling to remove trip hazards and water ponding.
- Strengthen and stabilise weak ground to address structural damage caused by building subsidence or ground movement, and make commercial and industrial areas safer.
- Improve the lifespan of commercial and industrial buildings or concrete slabs by remediating the ground beneath structures and preventing further damage.
Areas of service include:
We're happy to have helped
A department store in New Zealand required floor settlement to be addressed, prior to its redevelopment.
“ARCO Group Ltd was the main contractor for the Farmers site in Whangarei. ARCO Group contracted Mainmark to complete the floor levelling of the front half of the building. We were very impressed with Mainmark’s work ethic and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else looking to complete similar works.”
Walter Hayman, at ARCO Group Ltd
Two multi-storey commercial buildings, that were part of a Melbourne complex, were suffering from significant foundation damage.
“We chose to work with Mainmark as they are widely regarded as leaders in building rectification works. While JOG is a proven technology for lifting buildings, for this project is was all about the outcomes. Collaboration and working together as a team is essential on projects like this one and that’s where Mainmark’s strength was. They had a great team and were able to do the work with minimal interference to the occupants.”
Dan Wood, at Sherwood Constructions
Mainmark solves problems in commercial and industrial sectors
Mainmark provides proven ground strengthening and ground improvement solutions that address underlying issues caused by weak ground or unstable ground, large holes and large voids, subsidence, and earthquake liquefaction. We have stabilised, lifted, and re-levelled many commercial and industrial structures. For example:
- Addressing significant water ingress and ground subsidence was required at a 3450m2 transport yard where 20ft and 40ft containers are unloaded and moved. With 40-tonne forklifts and 30-tonne containers moving through the site daily, it was essential to re-level the hardstand to avoid water pooling in the centre. Mainmark applied its JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting solution and achieved an overall lift of 120mm, improving the gradient to allow water to drain away.
- Mainmark successfully re-levelled a café located within a heritage building in Melbourne, that had been affected by serious subsidence due to highly reactive clay soil. Mainmark remediated the café by stabilising the foundation soil using its Teretek resin injection solution, which also helps to limit the clay soil reaction to seasonal moisture changes.
- A mains pipe had ruptured three metres under the concrete floor of a power station, causing cracks to open up and fines to be washed away from the cooling water circulation system under the floor slabs. A lack of floor support meant that the 60-tonne cranes required for the power station’s routine maintenance program couldn’t access the station. Mainmark was engaged to consolidate the foundation ground and re-support the site’s concrete floor without raising it. Mainmark applied its resin using a deep-injection technique through small injection tubes in the concrete until all sections of the floor were re-supported and all cracks in the cooling water system inspection pits has been sealed. Heavy cranes were able to drive over the area just 30 minutes later.