Mainmark has remediated hospitals, healthcare and residential care facilities affected by ground movement, correcting unlevel floors and jammed doors and windows that can create occupational safety issues for workers, patients and visitors.
Healthcare facilities including hopsitals, medical clinics, surgeries and aged care facilities have a responsibility to protect patients, staff and visitors.
Keeping building occupants safe and free from risks, such as uneven floors and cracked surfaces which can lead to falls and a build up of dirt and germs, is a high priority for health and aged care management.
Mainmark is the market leader in delivering solutions to address building subsidence and ground movement, which are common causes of structural damage.
When there is a change in ground conditions, which can be caused by a range of factors including extreme weather events, leaky pipes and neighbouring construction and tunnelling, building foundations can become more susceptible to sinking. Early warning signs of settlement can include jammed doors, jammed windows, sloping and sinking floors and cracked walls. The longer these issues are left untreated, the scale of visible damage and injury hazards will grow, becoming more expensive and difficult to repair over time.
Mainmark raises, re-supports, and re-levels healthcare and aged care facilities, providing foundation improvement, ground stabilisation, ground strengthening, liquefaction mitigation in seismic areas, and slab raising solutions that can remediate structural damage caused by subsidence. In most cases, unlevel buildings can be lifted with minimal disruption to medical staff and patients, usually without needing to vacate the facility.
Our proprietary, state-of-the-art resin injection solutions are environmentally inert, non-toxic, and long-lasting, helping to remove some of the public liability risks associated with building suffering from subsidence. There’s no curing or drying time, the facility can continue to operate immediately after the solution has been applied.
We solve problems with Healthcare and Aged Care Buildings
- Strengthen weak ground and stop sinking foundations using JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting and our proprietary Teretek engineered resin injection solution
- Protect healthcare care buildings and aged care facilities from ongoing subsidence issues by filling large holes and large voids below ground with Terefil, our advanced engineered lightweight cementitious fill
- Address structural damage and sinking floors without the need for expensive excavation and underpinning
- Extend the lifespan of facilities by re-levelling sinking buildings so windows and doors can operate smoothly again and cracks in walls reduce or close completely
- Re-level floors to remove trip hazards for a safer working and living environment
- Undertake remedial works with minimal disruption to residents, patients and medical staff.
Re-levelling the floor of a residential aged care facility
An aged care facility in Western Australia had experienced subsidence resulting in a sloped floor that had become a trip hazard for staff and residents. Mainmark raised and re-levelled the sinking floor using a combination of JOG Computer-Controlled Grouting and Teretek resin injection with minimal disruption to staff and residents.
Ground stabilisation at Melbourne hospital campus
An ageing building on a large Melbourne hospital site had suffered from settlement due to low bearing capacity of sub-foundation soils. Mainmark was able to strengthen and improve the ground beneath the building’s foundations using Teretek resin injection, preventing further settlement and avoiding the need for expensive excavation work. By planning around the hospital’s schedule, Mainmark was also able to minimise disruption to daily operations and patient access.