STRAAM from Mainmark is the most effective way to measure the unique dynamic signature of any structure
Measuring a structure’s heartbeat, or the normal vibrations that occur in response to environmental factors, helps identify any abnormal responses that may indicate structural damage or weakness.
Structural analysis can provide an early warning of potential weaknesses or damage, which is crucial for:
- insurance purposes
- occupant safety
- litigation avoidance
- further damage prevention
- asset management
Until now, it has been practically impossible to effectively measure a building’s heartbeat in real time.
Being able to measure those almost-imperceptible structural movements has far-reaching benefits that include making structures safer, understanding the risks and causes of damage, assigning liability for events, and managing assets more effectively.
What is STRAAM?
STRAAM is an acronym for STructural Risk Assessment And Management.
It is one of the world’s most advanced platforms for easily measuring and analysing the performance of structures to determine the cause of damage, risk of further damage, and overall structural stability.
Mainmark’s geotechnical engineering experts use STRAAM non-destructive ground monitors to conduct a Structural-Cardiograph (SCG), which establishes the building’s dynamic signature and provides real-time reports that accurately assess the stiffness of a structure and changes in the capacity of the structure due to subsidence, ageing, earthquake damage, or other activity.
STRAAM technology can make communities more resilient to natural disasters, and help keep people and property safe.
STRAAM technology can be used to measure any structure across a range of situations and circumstances. For example:
- Construction: assessing and managing dilapidation risk for adjoining properties.
- Engineering/architectural: gaining an analytically accurate starting point for engineering design.
- Real estate/building owners: knowing your asset is structurally healthy and fit for use.
- Insurance: understanding the inherent risks in insured assets.
- Building commissioning: knowing the building is built to code and performance specifications.
- Dams and bridges: gaining confidence in the structure’s ongoing integrity and usefulness.
- Local councils: managing assets more strategically for better return on investment.
- Facilities management: making smarter decisions, faster, after events.
|Full-scale non-destructive testing||
|Reports use a three-dimensional model||
|Measures extremely low amplitude vibrations to extract the structure’s unique dynamic signature||
|Measure constantly or take before and after readings||
|Dynamic structural monitoring system||
|System measures a range of factors including tilt, modal displacement, spectral response and more||
|Online access to reports||
|Rapid baseline measurements take just hours of data||